Monday 10 October 2005

Technologically impaired

I really need to get myself a supergadget - one that can make and receive phone calls, organise my life, remind me where I put my house keys and allow me to blog from whenever wherever. I keep mentally composing blog entries in the car, in bed, when I'm playing with Nuaim, sometimes even in the lift. Unfortunately I don't have a Wifi-Bluetooth PDA with a full QWERTY keyboard that would make mobile blogging a reality for me. Heck, I don't even have a mobile phone now!

Hubby's trusty 3310 finally went dead on him, and because I received a bigger bonus than he did this year he's taken ownership of my 3315 and left me phoneless. I've been going on about getting the 3G A1000 for ages, but I just haven't found an outlet that actually sells one (I haven't really been looking, I know). Besides, no one else I know uses 3G, so who can I actually have a teleconference with? And the one time I attended a Maxis 3G demo on live traffic video, the camera feed didn't come through.

So my supergadget would have all these features:
  1. Access to my documents, spreadsheets and pdf files (really handy when I need to attend FAT)
  2. Web access for blogging
  3. Bluetooth connectivity so I can sync to my laptop wirelessly
  4. IrDA so I can sync to my other laptop wirelessly (I've never tried this myself actually)
  5. Camera - optional
  6. Full QWERTY keyboard - or a foldable Bluetooth one that I can connect to wirelessly

Mp3s, radio and all that stuff I don't really need.

Now, is someone kind enough to read this and buy it for me as a pre-Hari Raya gift?

No comments: