Wednesday 26 October 2005

Grumble grumble

I need a break from work. Maybe it's just not being able to have coffee that's really affecting my productivity, or it's this immediate internet access and hence gateway to Jamie Oliver's website that keeps distracting me from finishing this Instrument Selection Criteria, among other things. Or just that feeling of not really knowing what I'm doing. Whatever it is, I'm reminded of the time in Form Five when I had to walk in a boggy, muddy paya during a Student Leadership Course - the need to finish the journey really quickly but there's so much holding me down. Very high viscosity fluid there, now which flowmeter would be suitable?

Mama is coming down from Alor Setar tomorrow to spend some time with Nuaim. I wish I could stay home and play with him too. Instead I have to attend a meeting with some Italian compressor manufacturer and I don't even have a clue what the meeting is going to be about. The reason I'm roped in is because my Lead Engineer wants me to be on top of things, as his deputy for when he's 'off to the dentist' or some such other excuse for disappearing from work (I think he actually goes off to meet some 'lady friend' his wife doesn't know). I really hate deputising for other people - it's not like I don't have enough to do already. Okay, I admit I'm not all that busy right now, but I definitely do not want to get bogged down by things that are really beyond my understanding.

There goes whatever pahala puasa I've achieved for today. And I was salivating over Jamie Oliver's recipes again.

No comments: