Tuesday 11 October 2005

Bosannya...

For the past two hours or so I've been alternating between updating my Instrument Design Criteria, looking up Industry standards and reading other people's blogs. I am beginning to get very bored with my own blog's look and am in the hunt for a new, free, Blogger-friendly skin. An online personality quiz I took earlier said my blog should be teal (or was it purple?).

I am also getting very bored with work. This morning I half-heartedly told my husband that I didn't feel like going to work, and he said simply "Then stay home. You can take Emergency Leave or something like that." But workaholic, perasan responsible me gave him a funny look that said 'Be serious'. I should have just listened to him like any good Muslim wife would and took his advice.

As it is, I'm leaving the office early tomorrow to send Mak off for her umrah. I wish I was in her position to just take off and leave whenever and wherever I feel like it. This year alone, I think she's already been to Egypt, Moscow, St Petersburg and Surabaya. South Africa's on the list for next year. Of course, she gets a special deal from the travel agent for helping to organise the group of 20-30 middle-aged ladies who go on these trips, which is not a situation I'd like to be in. I'd enjoy the places they go to, but I'd want to go at my own pace, and I'm terrible at travelling with company. The last real holiday I went to was with my sister Ain to Bali back in 2001, and that was because the planned package to Spain, Portugal and Moscow got cancelled (the middle-aged ladies panicked from the Sept 11 incident, hence my current apprehension for joining them on any other holiday). My honeymoon doesn't really count because there was no sightseeing involved.

Hubby and I were talking about flying off to see Angkor Wat for the weekend, or a jaunt in Vietnam. Anywhere we can get to on a cheap Air Asia ticket. But in my condition now it doesn't seem very favourable. So I'll just have to look forward to Hari Raya in Alor Setar.

And get off my lazy bum to do my Zuhur prayers now.

3 comments:

realitylane said...

Ya lah.. nice as it is, i think this dark, subdued blog look does not do justice to your strength of character! Happy purple skin hunting..

Dian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dian said...

Careen,
The traditional look appealed to me. But in the fasting month I need something with a bigger 'perk-me-up' factor.
Like your colourful socks btw...