Monday 31 October 2005

It's a Goat eat goat world

The last few days at work have been quite hectic. The meeting with the compressor manufacturer lasted the whole of Thursday, and I had to get the minutes out by next day noon. I was half an hour late for the meeting - there was a long job queue at the only available printer/photocopier in the office - but since I was designated to take minutes, they all waited for me before they started. The meeting started off on quite a fiery note - one of the managers from the Owner company had a few strong opinions about the subject, which he decided to voice out in terms I thought were stronger than politely necessary, but fortunately enough the little Italian guy doing the presentation was mild-mannered enough to just take it in his stride (someone next to me is drinking coffee right now - the aroma is killing me. Aaarghh!).

I had my buka puasa at Suria KLCC that evening, as I was working late. I had a hankering for mee mamak so I went to the Level 4 Food Court but was quite disappointed with the taste. I suppose for only Rm5.50 I shouldn't be expecting much. The next night, there was a department get-together at Restoran Seri Melayu, courtesy of all the higher-paying colleagues (me not included). The carpark was packed by the time we got there with 10 minutes to spare before Maghrib. There was a large selection of food, but because it was all spread out over various sections of the restaurant - and it's a HUGE restaurant - it kind of spoiled my appetite. Somehow the largely Malaysian/Malay menu of rendang and curries and laksa did not quite tickle my tastebuds. The only thing I really enjoyed was the fresh garden salad and ulam. As a friend once commented on my eating habits, I eat greens like a goat.

Well, that night I must've been a cannibal since I indulged in roast lamb with mint sauce. Yummmy.

No comments: