Friday 30 November 2007

Time flies...

I can't believe it's almost the end of the week already.
Last Saturday, I was thinking to myself it felt like ages since my confinement ended. Partly because I managed to strike off quite a number of To-Do items off my list, which gave me a sense of accomplishment. And suddenly the next Saturday is looming near, and I haven't even managed half of the remaining stuff. Whatever happened in the last five days? In 10 days I'll actually be back in the office. Although I'll be disappearing again barely a week later. And to think I have yet to fit in breakfast at Coffee Bean.

I still have a lot of stuff to pack for the move, and a lot of other stuff to organise as well. How does one pack away crystal vases and crockery? Do I really need crystal vases anyway? Not to mention (oops, too late already did!) that I'll need another display cabinet for them.
A piece of advice on wedding/housewarming gifts - never, ever get crystalware, crockery, electrical appliances or pots and pans. Chances are the (un)lucky couple will end up with loads of that stuff which they'll never use. Comforter sets are an exception, though - but only if it suits their taste. Money or shopping vouchers are almost always welcome. If you do feel the need to actually purchase an item for the house though, make sure it's something really useful that no one else will think of like a vacuum cleaner, microwave oven or washing machine. They may be expensive but you can always get other friends to chip in.
The good news is I've finally decided on a garden plan, but have not yet started the implementation (this is why I need to attend the Planning & Implementing course). Of course I only think of the aesthetics and am totally clueless on the actual work involved. I just want one big shady fragrant tree for the front corner, and heliconia and canna ripped off from Mak's garden along the walls. That should be enough for starters. Now where can I get a full grown flowering pokok bunga tanjung?

3 comments:

Ghazali said...

Dian ;

Agree with you .... CASH or SHOPPING VOUCHER is very practical gifts ...

So next time , ingat , kita bagi cash ajer ... seba banyak gunanya lepas kawin ....

Dian said...

Ghaz,
I'll even accept them as birthday gifts! Sekarang ni pulak tgh survey/beli furniture for new house.

Dr Purva Pius said...

My Brothers and Sister all over the world, I am Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada ; i was in need of loan some month ago. i needed a loan to open my restaurant and bar, when one of my long time business partner introduce me to this good and trustful loan lender DR PURVA PIUS that help me out with a loan, and is interest rate is very low , thank God today. I am now a successful business woman, and I became useful. In the life of others, I now hold a restaurant and bar. And about 30 workers, thank GOD for my life I am leaving well today a happy father with three kids, thanks to you DR PURVA PIUS Now I can take care of my lovely family, i can now pay my bill. I am now the bread winner of my family. If you are look for a trustful and reliable loan leader. You can Email him via,mail (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Please tell him Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada introduce you to him. THANKS