Thursday 15 November 2007

How does your garden grow?

One of the things I need to plan for right now is the landscaping for the new house. Now, I am no Lady Greenfingers, and cannot tell one plant for another. I thought it'd be enough to just get rid of the weeds, plant some grass and maybe put in a potted plant or two, but now I'm supposed to pick out the different plants, plan where I want to put them etc.

Mak, of course, has obligingly offered some of her garden's bounty, but I really hope they're the low maintenance type i.e. depends solely on sun and rain to grow. Oh, maybe I'll remember to water them once a week. But I seriously cannot be bothered to remember which one needs pruning, what fertiliser to use etc.

Of course, if I allow my flights of fantasy to take full reign (betul ke ayat tu?) I'd have the whole works thrown in - pergola, gazebo, water feature, professionally designed landscape. And my garden would look like this (picture taken from http://www.rentapot.com.my/):

Maybe my friend Ubi can help...

3 comments:

ubisetela said...

heheheh...
email me the compound plan.. or just let me know how big is the space + your needs (spaces for Nuaim & Nu'man main beskal or golek-golek on lawn?).

Anonymous said...

i nak jugak free consultation..bila balik..we can go "rumput hunting" together.

Dian said...

Ubi,
I don't have a compound plan. Next week baru nak pi ukur. Of course my needs are totally the opposite of my wants la kan?

Leng,
Nak tanam rumput kat mana pulak?