Thursday 22 November 2007

Just strolling along

When Nuaim was almost two months old, we purchased this Safety 1st Travel System (ours was blue) consisting of a stroller and car seat. It was easy to manouvre, and just as easy to fold and unfold. The only downside was that it took up half the car boot space whenever we travelled, and was quite heavy (for me, at least) to carry.
Because of its size and weight, I hardly take the stroller with me on car trips. My two boys now use it as part of their own Angkasawan/Khidmat Negara physical training. As a result, the folding mechanism has jammed. So much for a sturdy build. Fortunately the car seat is still intact.
So now I'm looking for a new stroller for baby Aiesyah. At first I was tempted to get a twin stroller for both Nu'man and Aiesyah like the one below, but it'll probably be bulkier and heavier. Besides Nuaim will probably get jealous of his brother and start fighting for one as well.

So my criteria for a new stroller are:

  1. Compact
  2. Folds easily
  3. Lightweight
  4. Cheap enough so I won't cry over yet another investment gone bust

I've been surveying the ones in the Jusco dept store and ToysRUs today, but there were hardly any sales assistants around to attend to my queries. Don't these people work on weekdays?

Perhaps I'll just get me one of these:

No comments: