Wednesday 21 November 2007

Mobile Mum

I've been out everyday since Sunday. First day was back to the condo with Nuaim, in search of my favourite Avent ISIS breastpump which was not there. Yesterday I went to 1Utama in the afternoon on my own, to pay off the outstanding bill for the curtains, browse MPH for a gardening book (couldn't find one) and check out baby strollers (all too big and heavy). I also managed to buy some cute baby girl outfits - Aiesyah's already outgrowing her clothes. Despite my plans to have lunch there, I only left the house during tea time as Aiesyah was awake most of the morning and by the time she had fallen asleep I was too hungry to drive and Cik Dah had already prepared the mid-day meal.
The breastpump was actually at Mak's house, safely tucked away with some small baby bottles in a cabinet in the kitchen. It was missing a few parts though, so I had to make do with another pump I bought last year but had not yet used. This one was from Pigeon, and although it looked similar to the Avent pump, I don't quite like it as it's not so comfortable to grip and tehre are just too many parts to assemble.
So today I headed off to Kinderdijk, the official Avent distributor in Malaysia, with Nuaim. It's located in Plaza Damas, Sri Hartamas, but I'd never been there so got a bit lost searching for the place. Nevertheless, we managed to find our way, and Nuaim was perfectly well-behaved.
On the way back, though, he kept asking about Tesco. It was already noon, but since I had managed to pump about 6 oz this morning, I wasn't worried about Aiesyah going hungry. So off we went. Nuaim was really excited because he got to see the all the different types of fish, which I had to name for him. Alas, no crabs were available.
I hadn't realised that Tesco now has an Autopay carpark. It used to be free, but a lot of people who went shopping at the neighbouring IKEA, Ikano and The Curve would park there for hours on end, thus depriving the true-blue Tesco shoppers (like me) from getting a decent parking space. I'd assumed they would charge only RM1 flat rate. I was wrong - it's actually RM2, but if you shop at Tesco the cashier can swipe your ticket and you get free parking. Unfortunately I wasn't aware of this so I had to pay the parking fee anyway. And I can't collect Bonuslink points at Tesco anymore since they've launched their new Clubcard. Being the loyalty card junkie, I am now seriously considering whether to stop frequenting Tesco or collect yet another of those plastic thingies that make you spend RM100 just to gain RM1. This is a tough call.
When I got home, as usual Nu'man rummaged through my handbag and purse and started pulling everything out. He then proceeded to arrange all my cards on the floor in a pattern that made sense only to him. As I was putting the cards back into my purse, I noticed that my driving license had already expired - in August this year! Now that's putting a bit of a damper on all the plans for the next couple of weeks. Looks like I'll have to drop by at the post office first thing tomorrow to get it renewed. Can I still renew it after 3 months? I hope they don't make me retake a driving test - I think I'll fail the slope straightaway. Manual pulak tu.

No comments: