Thursday 4 October 2007

Having a place of my own

I know it sounds freaky, that at 31 and with a 3rd kid on the way, I'm still living with my mum. Guess I'm just used to the convenience. I tell myself that it's the only workable solution when my house is a condo, it takes five minutes (fifteen if I'm pregnant) to walk from the lift to my designated parking space, I've got two toddlers in tow and my husband is out of the country. It puts my in-laws' and Hubby's mind at ease that there's always someone else around who can drive me off to the hospital at a moment's notice - although in reality, when there's no car available this is not quite true.

It does have its perks, of course. Someone else does the cooking, the laundry and even keeping the kids occupied. The downside though, is that I have less space to keep my own stuff and do my own thing. And I can't say Hello/Goodbye to my mum and siblings whenever I like (strangely enough I have a very low tolerance level when it comes to my own flesh and blood - and it's reciprocal).

So I really can't wait for the renovations on my house in TTDI Jaya to be finished, move in and start afresh. The only problem is my work might atually take me elsewhere - as in OUT of the West Coast. Let's just hope for the best, okay?

No comments: