Wednesday 24 October 2007

Bila dah boring tu...

...mula la buat kerja yang bukan-bukan.

Like actually doing work during my Maternity Leave. As in what-I-normally-do-at-the-office kind of work.

Yes, it's getting to me. Hubby's on his way back to Port Sudan, and hopefully this time when he says he'll finish by March 2008, he really will finish the job by then. Apparently things are slated to progress after a long hiatus - during which Hubby spent his time honing his swimming and fishing skills to advanced level in the Red Sea. I've been cajoling him to agree to a plan that the Boss and I devised that could keep him in KL for at least another month or two (after all, I had to leave in the middle of a job which is sorely lacking a Senior Engineer in my absence), but he had other ideas involving the desert landscape of North Africa and copious amounts of USD. Oh, and something to do with a metering skid. Dok kat KL pun bukannya dapat apa, bini pun tengah dalam pantang asyik kena marah je.

I got bored having no one to talk to or argue with. Well, most of my conversations with Hubby are (to my perspective, at least) one-sided anyway, which Hubby translates as nagging. Aiesyah sleeps most of the day, Nuaim is always cranky and demanding for impossible things, while Nu'man just wants me for my handphone or laptop. The books I bought earlier do not interest me anymore, I merely flip through them without actually reading anything.

So there I was, surrounded by Raya cookies I cannot eat, typing away at a Design Guideline that, based on the original schedule, I should submit by the end of this week for review. I doubt that I'll finish it in time though, and I doubt that my reviewers will be concerned by my tardiness. It's not as if anyone else actually has the time or resources to prepare their Guidelines. Well, for what it's worth, it keeps my mind on something. After all there's only so much Sudoku one can take in a day.
And I am wasting precious cyberspace with this meaningless drivel. Hey, at least it doesn't cost as much as a space mission.

No comments: