Friday 4 February 2005

Don't mess with the lady engineer...

People tell me I am quite fierce at work. I've always imagined myself to be very demure (I hear myself snorting in disgust) but I suppose I put on a different mantle when I have to deal with work. To be more specific, it happens when I have to deal with contractors at work. I am more than happy to put pen to paper (or mouse to pad, finger to QWERTY keyboard more often than not) and allow my technical prowess to display itself in design, but dealing with the human element is way beyond my repertoire. I simply have very little patience with them, mostly because they are always able to mess up a job which I feel quite sure I can handle with one eye closed and one hand tied behind my back.

My husband is always a bit wary when I have to go to a construction site. He says I become rough and unladylike, my mannerisms are less refined. Hmmm, and I thought safety glasses, a hard hat and iron-toe boots made me look sexy...

No comments: