Tuesday 8 February 2005

My blog had a visitor!

My blog had a visitor! But this visitor, being a very private person, decided to email me his comments instead of writing them directly on the blog.

One of his 'suggestions' was to make my blog more subject specific to attract a wider readership.

I suppose I'd better clarify my intentions of starting this blog in the first place.

As the blog title suggests, my blog is on nothing specific - just stuff. It's just a space for me to jot down my thoughts when I feel like it - and when I have time to get away from work or other responsibilities. I'm still trying to explore the possibilities of having a public space on the web where I can share private thoughts, and how much of these private thoughts do I really want to share with the public. Ultimately, it's a diary of sorts to me - something I can look back on to see how I have changed and grown (hopefully) as a person.

I could make the blog specific about being a mother of a very lovely 8-month old boy (I have to put up his picture soon for everyone to see), or what it's like being a lady engineer at a construction site, or comment on the political scene (of which I know very little - this is more my husband's cup of tea actually) , or do a film review (hmm... when was the last time I saw a really good movie at the cinema?) - but I choose not to. Why? Because I am all of these, and I think that should make my blog more interesting rather than exhibiting only one of my many dimensions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dian, it's good that you are writing 'stuff' in here. It will be a good platform for you to share your thoughts with others in the cyberspace. Lots of people are blogging nowadays.

So, keep on writing and i will keep visiting from time to time. Do pop in my blog at http://scarlet76.mindsay.com
:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Dian! I've always admired your charisma as a person, from days of yoor lagi. Glad you have a blog so we all can have a piece of what really is going on in that mind of yours. We can't all go through everything in life so reading to share is what I at least can come close to. So blog on sistah!

http://bluescrubs.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

hehehehhe days of yoor la pulak. Meant to be days of yore. Uwoooook Uwoookkk Uwoooooooook!!!
XXXbluescrubbing-me'ah

Lala-land said...

Ahhhh.. another blogger :-) Keep on writing Dian.