Sunday 30 May 2010

Post-Confinement Needs List

I've noticed that most, if not all, of my clothes have acquired a semi-permanent aroma of massage oils. It is not necessarily a bad thing if I'm just staying at home, but would definitely be a problem for work. Granted, most of them are not really work clothes anyway - which brings me to another potential problematic scenario.

Since I am now working in a plant, I would need somehing that I can easily change into or wear underneath of my fire-retardant coveralls. And since I would also be expressing breast milk at the office, they will need to allow easy access for said activity. I found these wonderful tank tops on Baby Loft that would be just right. I'm thinking of getting several of them, if not in all colours.

I'm also planning to get some milk collection shells. So far the supply is adequate, sometimes exceeding demand, but during workdays I would like to make every single drop count. I'm still haunted by the memory of squeezing out only 15 oz over 2 days, just to spill half of it when I got home to feed Nuaim.

A new set of newborn teats to go with the Medela bottles, too. Somehow I cannot find Medela teats on the website where I bought the pump and bottles from - do they even make any? But since Medela bottles are standard size (unlike Avent), I can just buy any BPA-free bottle on the market to use.

A new haircut is something I need to get as well. The hot weather is making any length beyond shoulder unmanageable. Especially now that I'll be expected to spend more time out of the office and in the plant (albeit not in the process area due to breastfeeding).

And last but not least, to get my watch fixed. I can't keep depending on my phone since I won't be allowed to bring it in the plant. Maybe I should get something cheaper as well that I can wear daily and save the other watch for only special occassions.

Since I mentioned phone, I'm sneaking in a want - a brand new 3G phone with a QWERTY keyboard. Touch Pro2, maybe (I'm partial to HTC for some reason).

No comments: