Friday 28 May 2010

Half-way through...

Tomorrow I hit the mid-way mark of my confinement. Officially, it ends on 18th June. Which means it's 20 more days before I can be free to go (almost) anywhere I like and eat (almost) anything I desire. However, that also happens to be the end of the 2-week school holidays, which starts next weekend. My sons are really looking forward to spending their holidays in Damansara or Shah Alam, and I know my siblings and parents would love to have them there.

So as a compromise, I'll be leaving for KL on the 9th of June, just after Sofiyyah gets her 1-month jab & check-up. It'll probably mean that the boys get an extended school break, just so that I get to do a few of my own stuff in and around KL after my confinement is over. So here's my wishlist:

  1. Toy Story 3 opens at the cinema on 17th June. I would love to bring the boys to watch it as their first bona fide cinema experience, maybe on the first Monday of school to celebrate my freedom.
  2. Secret Recipe's Blackforest Cheesecake. The one time I had it was a week before I delivered. As everyone else at the table was sharing/sampling food, I passed it around when I was halfway through the slice although I really wanted it all to myself. It never came back. So this will be a solo trip for me, downed with a nice caramel latte.
  3. Meet up with my Coachee at KLCC to prepare for her assessment in July. I could probably squeeze in a shopping trip while I'm there.

That'll also be a good time to start my EBM regime with my brand new Medela Harmony breastpump. Yes, after all the BPA horror stories, and comparing prices through various online stores, I've switched allegiance from Avent to Medela. It will also help that the bottles are different sizes so they do not get mixed up with Aiesyah's 4 oz bottles (she's still not giving them up, and refuses to share - big baby!). I got quite a good deal from The Baby Loft, which includes 4 extra bottles, a cooler bag and a sleek Citystyle bag to carry it all in. In fact, the Citystyle is so sleek I could pass it off as a normal handbag!


No comments: