Sunday 9 December 2007

One more day to go

I can't believe I'll be back in the office in less than 48 hours. The remainder of my 60-day maternity leave after the obligatory 40-day confinement certainly went by quickly. And what have I got to show for it?
There was a list of things I wanted and needed to do post-confinement, let's do a quick review shall we?

WISH LIST

  1. Have breakfast at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf - something with smoked salmon and eggs. CHECK. The old Coffee Bean at One Utama old wing is closed though. It's been replaced with some Japanese vegetarian joint or something.
  2. Have Spaghetti Carbonara for lunch. CHECK twice. Caffe 1920 @ One Utama was good. MPH Book Cafe was not.
  3. Have an espresso affogato. Or caramel latte. Or kopi kampung. CHECK CHECK CHECK several times. Never managed to get the affogato. Had latte but without the caramel. Local coffee at several kopitiams and One Utama Jusco Food Court. Agak puas hati jugaklah.
  4. Check out the new Gardens at MidValley. NOT CHECKED. Never made it to MidValley, but did go all the way to Suria KLCC as an LRT treat for Nuaim.
  5. Check out the new Pavilion at Bukit Bintang. NOT CHECKED. Had planned to go with Mak but I was too busy searching for furniture in IKEA. Should have gone as a Monorail treat for Nuaim.
  6. Do all of the above with Hubby. NOT CHECKED. Maybe will do 4 and 5 after the move with Hubby and kids in tow.

TASK LIST:

  1. Transfer ownership of the house in TTDI Jaya at MBSA. NOT CHECKED. Not urgent. Can do later.
  2. Settle outstanding balance at Home's Harmony and book date to put up curtains in TTDI Jaya house. CHECKED. Roman blinds up, Curtain rods up but curtains need altering due to discrepancy in length.
  3. Settle into a regime of expressing breastmilk. CHECK CHECK CHECK more times than I've had coffee. Since Aiesyah sleeps all through the night, I almost always wake up with super-engorged mammaries that I need to express them even if I don't go out.
  4. Say Hello to my condominium at Damansara Perdana. Need to declutter prior to move to new house. SMALL CHECK. So much more clutter than I realised. An ongoing exercise interspersed with lots of pauses for air.
  5. Buy myself some new nursing undergarments. Wonder if I can find these in KL. CHECK. Not the tank tops though, but well-fitting bras from Triumph. Cheaper and more supportive than the ones at Mothercare.
  6. New glasses. CHECK, and sunglasses too. Why do you think my credit card maxxed out before I got to IKEA? Thank God I took up HSBC's offer to renew my card for free.

By the way, I managed to find the children's beds at IKEA - they had them in stock after all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dian,

Bestnye anak you tido all thru the nite! My daughter sampai sekarang ( 7 mths) pun susah sangat nak tido hehe, pusing sana pusing sini. Am using Avent pump as well until now, tapi kadang2 bila malas mula lah fikir, why la i beli manual nye haha

Dian said...

Shura,
Sekarang Aiesyah dah start jaga malam, usually around 4 a.m. but fortunately goes back to sleep after feeding. Avent pun ada jugak electric pump, but so far I guna yang manual pun puas hati sebab boleh 'customise' the suction power and rhythm.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dian,

Just wondering if you are exclusively breasfeeding. I am trying but since this is my 1st born and lack of experience, am facing some not-enough-stock issues and had to top up with formula. By the way, about the nursing tanks, have you ever tried the online shops. My fav is fabulousmom.com. They have a showroom in Puchong, just in case you never heard. If you know already, can ignore this message la..

Dr Purva Pius said...

My Brothers and Sister all over the world, I am Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada ; i was in need of loan some month ago. i needed a loan to open my restaurant and bar, when one of my long time business partner introduce me to this good and trustful loan lender DR PURVA PIUS that help me out with a loan, and is interest rate is very low , thank God today. I am now a successful business woman, and I became useful. In the life of others, I now hold a restaurant and bar. And about 30 workers, thank GOD for my life I am leaving well today a happy father with three kids, thanks to you DR PURVA PIUS Now I can take care of my lovely family, i can now pay my bill. I am now the bread winner of my family. If you are look for a trustful and reliable loan leader. You can Email him via,mail (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Please tell him Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada introduce you to him. THANKS