Wednesday 5 December 2007

Hey Big Spender!

I made a salesman at Harvey Norman's bedding department very happy today. And a couple of days prior to that I put a smile on a sales promoter for pergolas at Jusco Home Centre. Bet the opticians at Focus Point are laughing their way to the bank too. And before the week is over I'll be signing out the remainder of my very limited VISA credit limit to either Homelife or IKEA.


I'm not telling how much I've already spent, only that it's more than the allocated budget. It all started with a little 'treat' to myself in the form of a pergola for the new house. The house needs it anyway, to provide some shade for my sons to play in - as if they'll be content with a space of merely 80 sqft. Then I 'treated' myself to an expensive pair of glasses and new sunnies. I have to admit that the queen-sized bed for the master bedroom is way beyond my original estimate, but hey - Hubby said for me to go and spoil myself so I did. BTW, it's not a four-poster - I need a much bigger room to have one of those. Maybe after we renovate the house and add two new rooms, boleh ye sayang? And throw in an en suite bathroom with a jacuzzi while we're at it.


I have been good, though. I managed to restrict myself from buying a new dining set and leather sofa set, and I'll leave it to Hubby to decide on the TV (highly recommending the new LG Plasma though). But I still yearn for a Barcelona chair. Does anyone know where I can get one locally, or at least a good quality lookalike?

3 comments:

Cempodot said...

Nice choice! It's called the Barcelona Chair. V. modern althugh it was actually invented in the late 20's. Sorry, I'm a bit of a buff when it comes to furniture but here's some cool info:

"Ludwig Mies van der Rohe's Barcelona Chair and Stool (1929), originally created to furnish his German Pavilion at the International Exhibition in Barcelona, have come to epitomize modern design. Mies van der Rohe designed the chair to serve as seating for the king and queen of Spain, while the stool was intended to accommodate their attendants. Still produced to his original specifications, this Barcelona is of quality fit for royalty. The cushions -- welting and buttons included -- come from a single Spinneybeck® Volo cowhide and are supported by cowhide belting straps, dyed to match the color of the chair. To create the deep, precise tufting, individual panels of leather are cut, hand welted and hand tufted. The chromed-steel frame is hand buffed to mirror-like perfection. The Barcelona Chair was honored with the Museum of Modern Art Award in 1977."

I've definitely seen it in a few modern furniture shops around KL. Try Space Furniture in Bangsar(kelvinlow@spacefurniture.com.my). Can be a bit pricey here. Can also try Xtrafurniture (www.xtrafurniture.com) in Avenue K - they're cheaper & more helpful.

Dian said...

Lina,
I saw a picture of one in mustard yellow and was absolutely smitten! I'll definitely check out Xtrafurniture in Avenue K. Can you imagine I was working in KLCC for 7 years but never even window shopped there?

Dr Purva Pius said...

My Brothers and Sister all over the world, I am Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada ; i was in need of loan some month ago. i needed a loan to open my restaurant and bar, when one of my long time business partner introduce me to this good and trustful loan lender DR PURVA PIUS that help me out with a loan, and is interest rate is very low , thank God today. I am now a successful business woman, and I became useful. In the life of others, I now hold a restaurant and bar. And about 30 workers, thank GOD for my life I am leaving well today a happy father with three kids, thanks to you DR PURVA PIUS Now I can take care of my lovely family, i can now pay my bill. I am now the bread winner of my family. If you are look for a trustful and reliable loan leader. You can Email him via,mail (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Please tell him Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada introduce you to him. THANKS