Monday 25 September 2006

Nawaitu Sauma ghadin...

Ramadhan al-Mubarak everyone!!!

True to my word, the first blog I visited since the fasting month began yesterday was Ubi's. And she has obliged by putting up some very delectable photos. If it's anything like last year, anyone who can't stand the sight of food while fasting should stay away from her blog for the next 29 days. Unless you are like me who is bent on torturing my own soul with such temptations.

Anyway I spent the first day of Ramadhan dozing away with little Nu'man. It is such a heavenly experience to be able to cuddle up with a chubby 6-month old baby in your arms, especially if he's your own offspring. You should all try it, works so much better than popping happy pills. I enjoy it so much I'm thinking of surrounding myself with 6-month old babies for an indefinite period of time.

Speaking of babies, 2 people I know are about to deliver their babies soon, and 2 more just conceived. An e-mail hubby sent to me from Sudan has me thinking about having more babies. Mak has started speculating that I am pregnant, on the basis that she's feeling under the weather and experiencing nausea after a meal. Apparently she felt the same when I was carrying Nuaim, so to her this is as clear a sign as any that another grandchild is on the way. Go figure. I think it's just the response of malnourished bodies to a sudden influx of ikan tilapia bakar.

No comments: