Friday 20 May 2005

If only there was anything clearer than crystal....

When I was in secondary school in Seremban, I used to take part in a few English debating competitions. One of the most over-used phrases in the debating fraternity then was "crystal clear". Today I was reminded of that phrase, and this entry's title was, apparently, another participant's smart spin on it. (No, I am not so original to have come up with that saying myself, nor did I hear it with my own ears as it was quoted to me by another friend).

Anyway, the reminder came as a result of a loss of water supply at the resort where I was staying.

I'd come back from work yesterday, and decided to spend a few minutes with my son while the maid did her prayers. After 15 minutes I began to wonder why it was taking her so long. After she was done and I passed Nuaim over to her so I could take a shower and pray, she told me that there was no water in the bathroom. The only available source was the kitchen tap, and even then the water was sometimes murky.

I called Maintenance. Apparently the whole resort is affected and there was no prior notice from JBA about the disruption, so there is no backup supply.

At about 9.30 pm, the water in my bathroom was flowing clear again, so I thought that was the end of it. But no....

When I woke up this morning the taps were dry again, including the kitchen sink. My husband and I quickly called Awana Kijal and booked two rooms for tonight, in case the problem remained unresolved throughout the day. As I was about to leave for breakfast, the water was back, though barely more than a trickle. We still haven't cancelled the booking at Awana though, just in case...

Oh, and did I tell you I have to come to work today (Friday is meant to be OFF day in Terengganu) because of some documents I'm expecting to arrive from Kuantan at 10.00 a.m., but it's now almost 11.30 and still no sign of anyone?

No comments: