Monday 15 June 2009

Colour my world

If I were still single and someone wanted to win my heart, he doesn't have to spend money buying me shoes or clothes or jewellery. Or designer handbags. All they need to get me is stationery. Instead of a bouquet of red roses that may wilt after a couple of days, send me a gift basket of products picked from a corner of the MPH Megastore.

Notebooks. Writing pads. Pens. I positively SWOON over a set of 48 colour pencils from Faber-Castell or crayons from Crayola. Heck, even post-it tabs. And a nifty case to carry them all in.

Leave me in the stationery section of a bookstore and I feel like I've died and gone to heaven.

Not that I'm a particularly talented artist or writer. But these are just some of the pens I am beginning to collect:

Saw a 'Best Buy' set of 6 comprising of brown, turquoise, light green, emerald green, magenta and purple. Justification for buying it: I can split them between me and my sisters. Unfortunately, my sister already bought a set. They're just as bad as me if not worse. Still untouched - the pens, I mean. The sisters too, come to think of it.


Started buying these Stabilo pens loose, adding them to my collection 1 or 2 at a time. Then found this set of 20. Again, most of the time it just sits pretty on my desk at the office.


Almost have the whole range. I redeemed RM40 discount vouchers from Parkson, but needed to spend them within a week. Bought 7 of these then and there, together with a small notebook and a pencil case. My excuse: I had to attend a so-called meeting afterwards and needed something to take notes with.









5 comments:

kucingorengemok said...

haha, gi meeting takkan pakai pen colour2! bukan nak buat mind-map ke apa tu, masa nak srp dulu (kalau ingat benda tu, i sure ingat mally).. hehe.

whm6840 said...

weirdo!

Dian said...

Kucingorengemok (I selalu baca kucing goreng gemok),
Bukannya meeting pasal kerja. Tapi kalau meeting pasal kerja pun I pakai pen colour2. I tak pandai buat mindmap, my notes are in linear or tabular form.

Yanti,
Lagi weird nama yang takde vowel tapi ada nombor!

Anonymous said...

Hi I know how u feel...i so want a moleskin but i have ni justification for buying one

Anonymous said...

opps.. i meant to say no instead of ni