Thursday 25 December 2008

6 years ago on Christmas my true love gave to me...

... a marriage proposal.

I was doing time as a Construction Supervisor in Kerteh, and it was a busy period so I could not afford to take leave to come back to KL. He called a few days earlier to say he had a wedding in Kemaman to attend so hey, why not just meet up?

A couple of days before Christmas, after I kept asking which friend was getting married, he confessed that there was no wedding - he just wanted to see me. He was taking a morning flight from KL to Kuantan, so could I spare some time to drive down from Kerteh just to spend the day with him before he flew back in the evening?

I remember not being exactly thrilled at the idea - I must've been planning to catch up on work that day. Anyhow, he missed his flight, took the next one, so I picked him up at the airport just after the lunch hour. He told me he was hungry and felt like having a Big Mac, so we headed off to Teluk Chempedak.

Along the way I berated him for spending so much money on a return KL-Kuantan flight just for a day trip. He bore my nagging with the most gracious of patience. As we sat at an al fresco table with the Big Mac, I asked him in mock seriousness (in an attempt to mimic Dumbledore from one of the earlier Harry Potter movies), "Is there something you want to tell me?"

As soon as the words were out of my mouth, I thought, "Ohmigod, what if..." and he said the exact words I was thinking.

Thank you, sayang, for making that trip 6 years ago.

4 comments:

:: LadyVerde + Mr.Doc :: said...

owhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
total sweetness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gosh...although it is such a simple gesture, but i find it very romantic n sweet!!!!!!

im on cloud nine!!! ;)

:: LadyVerde + Mr.Doc :: said...

happy new year babe!
wish u wonderful 2009 bless with good health, wealth & happiness!!!

lurve
mr.doc + me

Nur H said...

sweetnya...
~fizi

Ghazali said...

Dian;

That is so sweet of Arif ... hehehehe tak sangka lak dia romantik gak yaaaa hehehehehehhee

Semuga jodoh kalian diberkati dan dirahmati Allah .... semuga kalian berbahagia dunia dan akhirat ... dihiasi dengan anak anak yang soleh dan solehah.

Amin.