Sunday 1 July 2007

A spanner in the works

Work sucks. BIG TIME!

There must be something wrong with me somewhere. Bad Karma, badi or whatever you'd call it. Except for a couple of projects or so, I don't think I've ever joined a project team where things went on smoothly, but this really takes it to another level.

If we screw up, it's gonna be the biggest screw-up ever, but if we don't - but how can we NOT screw up?! And it's not as if I'm bitching behind my boss's back. I gave him a piece of my mind then and there, in front of everyone in the Engineering meeting, and I do hope it gets recorded in the minutes. I mean, I spent a good part of the week planning everything so I can get it just right, and all of a sudden there's a change in the schedule, and we're expected to readjust without disrupting our already slow progress.

No wonder other people just take it easy. It's no use putting in your heart and soul and sweat and tears into your work when someone else can so easily pull the rug from under your feet, just to score some brownie points that I'm sure contributes nothing to the big picture.

2 comments:

Ghazali said...

Hahahhaaa ..

Welcome to the real world

(I thought you are there already!!!)

Dian said...

If they pay me an E3 salary which commensurates with the workload I wouldn't worry so much. In fact, I've got a bigger workload nowcompared to the previous E3 person holding this job. But I'm still just getting peanuts you know?

They really should give me a 1 laa...