Saturday 23 December 2006

Labbaik Allahumma labbaik...

In about 4 hours, I'll be stepping out of my mum's house, fully garbed in white from my head to my toes on my way to answer Allah's call to his Holy House. I am feeling both nervous and excited - nervous because I feel so unprepared, so unworthy of being his guest in the most barakah of places, hoping no ill befalls me. But excited because the last (and first) time I went to Makkah was 17 years ago, and I only remember bits of the trip.

One thing I do remember is that feeling of awe when praying at the Masjidil Haram - as I get up from teh rukuk or sujud, my eyes will befall the Kaabah right in front of me. Not an embroidered or painted image on the prayer mat at home, but the REAL thing. And it really hits you then: ALLAHU AKBAR. God is Great.

And Great is HE in welcoming me to his Holy House - small, lowly, unworthy me. This will be my last post till I come back home in 45 days, InsyaAllah. Till then, take care everyone.

Be good.

No comments: