Tuesday 7 March 2006

Oscar Red Carpet

The Oscars came and went without much excitement in my household. That's probably because I have not watched any of the movies nominated for the Awards, except 'Narnia' on a VCD with horrendous subtitles. Oh yes, there was also Kiera Knightley's 'Pride and Prejudice', which I did see at the cinema, but I'd definitely need to get my hands on a pirate copy to watch some of the Best Picture nominees. Even then, it's probably something I can only stomach after I give birth in April, as per Ain's recommendation upon watching 'Munich'.
I'd already checked out the results in the afternoon via Internet at the office, so the only motivation for watching the repeat show last night was to gape at the dresses and jewellery. The Red Carpet segment came on Astro at 9 pm, and I was watching it with Mak while waiting for Hubby to come back from Isyak prayers at the mosque (I know, such 'hedonistic' pursuits while my other half communes with God). We were admiring Naomi Watts' dress when she was asked how long it took to put the whole thing together and she replied, "Oh, a few hours, with a bit of stitching here and there."
Mak's response to that was, "What if she needs to pee?"
Maybe they stitch in a super-absorbent scented adult diaper in as well.

No comments: