Sunday 21 August 2005

A little scare....

We had been to Mak Su's house yesterday in Bangi for a housewarming doa selamat around lunch time, where again I faced a traditional Malay food spread of nasi minyak and rendang. My in-laws were planning to spend the night with us, and we had agreed to eat out for dinner (I don't need to cook, WOOHOO!!). Around 6 pm, after Hubby had done his Asar prayers and could keep an eye on Nuaim, I went to take a shower.

That was when I saw the blood stains.

It was dark brown, almost black. I quickly took a shower, trying to calm myself down. Maybe it's nothing serious.

Maybe God took me seriously when I was saying to myself that I wasn't ready for another baby yet.

Please God no.

I came out of the shower and told Hubby. He panicked, while I tried to stay reasonable. We went to the hospital's A&E section, it being a Saturday evening.Nuaim came with us, oblivious to the panic swelling up inside me as I held him close.

After recounting my whole fiasco with the missed birth control pills and everything, the MO concluded that it may have been a false pregnancy and this was just my period starting again. When I told him that I did two tests and was experiencing all the typical symptoms, he looked at me and said "Well you probably really are pregnant then."

My usual Obstretician was on leave, so they got Dr Roslan in. He was very nice, and suggested an ultrasound scan.

The first thing I saw was a little round sac in my womb. But is it still...?

Fortunately the little one is still intact. Dr Roslan said that the discharge was probably due to an old bleeding or my past menses which somehow still remained in the uterus, based on the colour and consistency of the blood. He told me I should only be worried if it was fresh blood, or if there were clots and bits of tissue in the discharge.

On a positive note, he estimated that my pregnancy is 6 weeks old, based on the size of the sac (2 cm long).

Adik Nuaim will be due around early April next year, Insyaallah.

No comments: