Wednesday 17 August 2005

I don't know what triggered the thought.

Maybe it was my thickening waistline (which I started noticing in Bangkok, but that could have been due to the good food). Or the constant lethargy despite having a relatively stess-free workload. But I think the strongest sign was the nausea and heatiness I felt after a particularly spicy meal (and with 3 Malay weddings in one weekend, it certainly put me in a bad mood). The sensation reminded me so much of my first one that I thought to myself, "Could it be....?"

So after a week of feeling continuously sea-sick, I went to Guardian Pharmacy to get me one of those home test kits. And this was only three days after I stocked up on Noriday. Thank goodness I hadn't started taking them yet.

Anyway, the home kit seemed to test positive - it was difficult to tell when there seemed to be three lines instead of just two (positive) or one (negative). "It means you're super-pregnant. Maybe it's twins!" was my husband's hopeful response to my query. So yesterday, on my way back from Bangi, I decided to stop by the clinic just to make sure.

It's official. Nuaim is going to become an Abang Long.

How many weeks already?

That's difficult to answer. My period's been really irregular (the last one was almost 10 weeks ago, and that was only the third since I gave birth last year) but that was probably due to breastfeeding. I already took a test a month ago and it was clear. The doctor told me I could start taking Noriday immediately, but I decided to stick by my gynae's advice and wait till my next period. Fat chance of that happening any time soon.

Anyway, I debated over when to tell Mak. The chance came when she showed me some cloth she bought for Nuaim's baju Melayu, but one was exactly the same as one he already has. "Oh well, we'll just keep it for his adik then," I quipped nonchalantly.

She didn't pick up the hint.

Hubby and I exchanged glances.

Then Mak commented how Nuaim seems so hypercharged and attention-craving these days.

"Maybe he knows he's getting an adik," I tried again.

This time she got it right.

2 comments:

realitylane said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
hope it goes beautifully..

Oreos said...

Congratulations !! Best wishes for the coming months.