Tuesday 1 March 2005

Baby tidur buas la...

Ever heard the phrase 'sleeping like a baby'? What image does it conjure up in your mind? Probably of a cherubic face, eyes closed, dimpled cheeks pressed against a blanket with soft contented sighs emanating from cupid's bow lips.

Not my baby boy. Because I'm still breastfeeding, his baby cot is pulled up directly next to our bed with the side panel removed, so that I can just pull him up close to me when he wants a night feed. Now at 9 months, Nuaim tosses and turns in his sleep. Most of the time my husband and I would be squeezed in one half of our queen size bed while Nuaim rolls over from his cot. Other times, he'll be kicking against my tummy to gain leverage while he executes a 90 or 180 degree turn, all in his sleep. I've caught him in a sort of mid-role pose with one arm outstretched, like a snapshot of an Olympic free-style swimmer.

Maybe he'll grow up to become an Olympic gold medallist like Ian Thorpe. Anything but an engineer, darling - although he does seem to exhibit the strongest interests in techie stuff. Aiyoo... how to discourage him aah?

No comments: