Sunday 6 January 2013

Waiting for Abang Long

Assalamualaikum!

Yes, this blog has been left to collect cyberdust for ages. My other blog was more active until I found Goodreads that helps me keep track of my progress and read other reviews (some of which are literary gems in their own right!). The only reason that I am blogging right now is to keep myself occupied while waiting for darling Abang Long @ Nuaim to finish his homework.

Kids grow up so fast. When I started this blog (it wasn't so long ago, was it?), Nuaim was hardly more than a baby. In a way, this platform has seen the growth and development of my children - it was my constant companion throughout my confinements, with detailed records of all the pantang-larang and special post-natal menu. Now here I am, keeping Abang Long company while he finishes his Std 3 homework. Standard 3! And younger Abang Ngah is in Standard One! Aiesyah is now in pre-school, and although Sofiyyah is still too young for kindy, she actually looks as big as a four year old and is as talkative as her older siblings.

I'll be leaving them for two nights to attend a meeting in KL. As compensation, I have a lasagna in the fridge ready to be popped into the oven tomorrow evening, just before I leave for the airport from home. I have not told my in-laws of my impending trip - they'll usually take it upon themselves to stay the night at my house when I'm not around, much to the changrin of my domestic helper who feels put upon by MIL's nitpicking. I was planning to do so tonight, but as usual Nu'man would use up my phone battery playing 'Angry Birds' while Nuaim is just being an angry bird himself with his constant excuses to delay doing his homework. Now he's complaining of tiredness: he says it's because he did not take his nap this afternoon. I tell him it's because he spent all his energy on a tantrum about missing playtime instead of doing his homework earlier.

Aiesyah and Nu'man are still wide awake chatting away in my room, whereas Sofiyyah again decides to sleep downstairs with Disney Junior on TV. I'm not sure the sleeping arrangements will be like tomorrow - it depends on whether or not I get to tell my inlaws I'll be away. They'll probably get really annoyed with me if I don't tell them.

1 comment:

Angel said...

Being mother is learning about strength you didn't know you had,dealing with fears you didn't know existed.