Monday 7 February 2011

Butterfly butterfly, happy all day

Nuaim had a whole week off for Chinese New Year. We spent the first half of the break in Alor Setar - as I still had work at the office - then drove down to KL on Wednesday. I had promised Mak we would spend the first night at Putrajaya, so after a short two-hour stop at Damansara to offload and repack we arrived at dusk. My nieces and nephews were already there, they were spending the whole week 'balik kampung.'
The next day was a picnic brunch at Taman Putra Perdana. I made the mistake of skipping breakfast, so by the time we reached the picnic spot all I could think of was food. As a result of satisfying my hunger pangs, I missed out on all the fun of walking and running around the park with my kids. Must plan this again sometime.
That afternoon we were back at Damansara, where my sons would spend the next two days engrossed in PS2 whilst Aiesyah and I had girly lunch and coffee breaks. On Saturday we drove back to Sg Petani, only to find out Sunday was still a school holiday. I decided it should be a daytrip to Penang for the kids en route to sending off my brother at the airport. Having given Nuaim a choice of places to visit, he picked the Butterfly Farm and the Snake Temple. We could not make it in time to the Temple, so I will have to plan for another daytrip soon.

One butterfly that managed to stay in place long enough for me to snap a picture.

Beautiful specimens in the latest trendy colours.

Aiesyah having fun with my mini-highlighters at Starbucks.

Posing in front of Pavilion KL

The clan at Taman Putra Perdana. Shirtless Ziad is pretending to be Rambo while Hanina is damsel in distress with a blistered toe.

Sofiyyah among the cushions at Tarbush Restaurant, Batu Feringghi.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

No comments: