Friday 3 September 2010

Caftan oh caftan

Inspired by my friend's post (http://ladyverde.blogspot.com/2010/08/settled-kautimbaju-raya-checked.html), I decided to check out some caftans near Damansara Perdana yesterday. I wasn't really intending to buy one for raya, just to see what I'd look like in one.
The first boutique I went to was Puteh. It carries a range of caftans designed by Rizalman Ibrahim, and I've seen enough of his designs to know that they're gorgeous. And really they are, but with a 4-digit price tag and extra-long length I decided to just admire them on the rack rather than on my body.
The next boutique I went to was Galeri Muslimah just round the corner. It's actually a showroom for a range of tudung and accessories as well as clothes, and does both retailand wholesale. I picked out a gold satin caftan and matching yellow tudung to try on. It looked quite big, but with hidden tiebacks to alter the fit. Sorry no photos :-))
I have to admit I felt like a goddess, and began to picture myself lying on a chaise-lounge like Cleopatra witj the voluminous sleeves spread all around me, but when I stepped out of the fitting room to show Hubby his first response was: "Ni nak pakai tidur ke pi jalan2?"

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.8

No comments: