Thursday 16 July 2009

Shaking things up a little

It's happening again.

A month ago I thought it was all over, but the curiosity reappeared in a different form. Maybe it's the setting and location. All the same, I don't know if I should welcome it.

I need a distraction. Like a nice sporty Peugeot 206 Coupe Cabriolet.




Or an Audi TT Quattro .


For now I'll just have to settle with zooming up and down the 40km stretch of highway between Alor Setar and Gurun in a Chevrolet Optra 1.8 to release my angst, with Catatonia's 'Road Rage' blaring on full volume.
*****************
It's been three days in Gurun, not counting the one-day trip last week. I don't know if I'm making friends or enemies.
Last week, the project team took me out for a nice lunch. On Monday, it was the bosses' treat. Yesterday I might have bruised and battered a few egos with my 'technical governance' approach that I was left all alone to fend for myself. Of course, it could just be my out-of-whack overly sensitive nature and they had simply forgotten I was there.
Today I had lunch with some guys and a lady from the Electrical dept. One of them is a colleague's brother, who also happened to be one of my student trainees a few years' back. Another one was a really funny guy who unabashedly offered me a place in his heart on a shift basis. Cute approach, but no thanks.

Apparently they've never had a female Instrument engineer here before. Maybe that's why the people I work with appear so quiet and timid, the young ones especially. My peer group don't really seem to care whether I'm there. Well, it's time for me and my dream sports car to change that.




No comments: