Saturday 16 July 2005

My Moud Feeld Funny & My Nothe id Blogged

Poor babies. My poor, poor babies.

As Hubby now has only 4 days of annual leave left - having used up 10 days for the Acheh Mercy mission - I decided to take some days off of my own 19-day entitlement to redress the balance. I gave myself three days to properly hand over his work back at the office, and applied for leave for the rest of the week.

The plan was to spend a couple of hours at Honeywell's office in PJ polishing up my presentation for the Bangkok Symposium, pay off my HSBC credit card bill and clean up the house. And do a spot of sightseeing and shopping at IKEA. But all didn't go to plan.

Hubby fell ill on Wednesday. I was at a vendor seminar at Prince Hotel, and was SMSing him just to keep myself awake when he replied that he was going to pick me up immediately after the seminar finished. When I got to the car, I could see he was in no right state to drive back home, what with the traffic jam that is a constant feature of the KL-Damansara route. By the time we reached Mak's house, he was shivering while his skin was hot to the touch. He'd been having a headache since the day before, and matters got worse this morning after he'd slept the night without a shirt on in our air-conditioned bedroom. Apparently someone else i.e. me was hogging the comforter all night, leaving him at the mercy of the cold night elements.

Anyway, we decided to spend the night at Mak's house, since he seemed unable to move any distance more than 10 feet. We had to sleep with the AC off, so he could sweat the fever out. I told him no way he was going to work the next day from the look of things. So I spent my first day on leave tending to his needs - which weren't much, mostly sleep, eat then sleep again.

But my in-laws were coming to stay the night, so I still had to go back to my house and get it in ship-shape condition (Believe me, one week away and all the cicak's come out to play on the balcony). By the time they arrived for dinner, I was starting to feel a bit light-headed myself.

Hubby got up this morning ready for work, though he was still coughing and his temperature was high. I decided to sleep in and miss breakfast, till baby decided to wake up at 7.30 with a temperature and coughing of his own. So my next day on leave was spent tending to a feverish baby who just refused to take food, medicine or just sit down.

2 comments:

Oreos said...

ohhh... hope everything's alright now...

Dian said...

My son's fever was gone after 24 hours, Alhamdulillah. But he kept various members of the household up the whole night. So manja...