Tuesday 19 April 2005

Kerteh lagi...

I've been going on-off to Kerteh for several weeks already. Technically, I'm in Kerteh full time till the end of this project, but several DCS and SDS/FGS FAT's and FAT follow-ups took me back to KL. In the mean time, baby developed rash, conjunctivitis, a viral infection in the cornea and more rash. Yesterday, just 5 hours after I arrived from KL, Mak called me to ask what I ate the day before as a new outbreak of the nasty red dots had developed on Nuaim's chest. When I told her I had mee hailam, she went on a long tirade of how they might've cooked the sauce with prawns and stuff, albeit I didn't see any prawns in the noodles. Previously she had blamed the Kerteh air for Nuaim's conjunctivitis, until I told her we were already back in KL for a week before his eyes started getting red. She'll probably blame it on my condo next.

It seems that everything I decide to do for him is not good enough. Even if she doesn't agree with something my mother-in-law says regarding Nuaim's wellbeing, it's me that receives the critique and comments.

And now she's telling me not to take Nuaim to Kerteh anymore, it'll tire him out since I keep travelling back and forth every 3 or 4 days. I tell her it's only for this duration, that after this I'm going to be in Kerteh for a solid 3 weeks or so, so she doesn't have to worry that all the travelling will leave him spent as he'll be there with me. If she misses him so much, I can always get a plane ticket to come out here like the last time, although she'll probably hate having to miss her classes. Well, we don't always get everything we want in life, do we?

But honestly, I do wonder why she's so protective and possessive about my son, or do all grandmothers behave like that with their first cucu?

Anyway, I've decided to keep the technical stuff in another blog, make it my own reference for future projects. It's titled 'Field Engineer at Work'. I'll put in my ranting and b$%&*ing about PM's there as well, or maybe put up another blog 'Things I Hate About my PM" (and I'm not talking about Pak Lah here). Speaking of which, I haven't seen him since I arrived here. Gone to Sudan already kah? Everyone seems to be heading there except my hubby, and he's not too happy about it either.

No comments: